Saturday, July 19, 2008

We're 2!

So on Tuesday, Jonathan and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary! Time flies so quickly! But at the same time it feels like we've been married for 7 years.

I meant to make this post say...Tuesday night, but I've been so busy with finals (side note, we're done with finals and projects and will be headed to California probably on Wednesday!)

The night before our wedding I slept better than I have in my entire life. My mom was concerned I would be a nervous wreck (and she had every right to think so, I've led her to believe I'm a nervous wreck my entire life) and so she wanted to give me half of a sleeping pill. I politely declined, telling her I'd like to be conscious for my wedding. I fell asleep faster than ever before. My mom on the other hand, took the pill and the next day had a migraine. I told her! :)

Usually when I get up early, and especially when I'm anxious about something I get a stomach ache. So I was terrified that I was going to be feeling sick the morning of while I was getting my hair done and everything. But I was calm, cool and collected. Absolutely nothing was phasing me. It was wonderful.

We headed off to the temple and were sealed without a glitch. It was the most amazing day of my life. After I put on my wedding dress and got ready to see Jonathan I can still remember my mom telling me something along the lines of..."just so you know, your flowers aren't quite what you expected them to be, but they're beautiful anyway"...doesn't she know me well! The one thing she warned me about is the one thing I still have a little bit of frustration over! If I could do it all again, I'd make sure I got the flowers I asked for! But really, my wedding was amazing and I'm so happy with how everything turned out.

So this year, Jonathan and I decided that we weren't going to exchange gifts until sometime in California because we just didn't have time with finals and everything. But anyone who really knows me knows that I couldn't really do that. So after my classes on Monday I went out and just got some "starter" gifts. Mostly things we would have gotten him regardless-like some t-shirts and socks.

We went to school and I took a test and then it was off to sushi! Jonathan doesn't get to eat sushi as often as he'd like so we took advantage of the fact that it was our anniversary and splurged a bit.

I'm still not quite sure what else we'll do in California to celebrate, but I know we'll have fun.

Here's a few pictures of our wonderful wedding, now two years ago.











2 comments:

The Jeffs Family said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Can't wait to see you next week. I love your wedding photos!

Hazen5 said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to visit with you and your sweetie next week!