Thursday, August 28, 2008

And behind door number 3...

We live in a three bedroom apartment. Our old apartment was two bedrooms. We have gotten used to two bedrooms. One as a bedroom and the second as an office. That worked for us here too.

The boys stacked almost everything we owned into the extra bedroom when we moved in. That was great. It made it so that all of the clutter was in the one room we didn't even need.

Last week I was sick of wasting space. So I decided to tackle our extra room.

I feel like such a disgusting person looking at this picture. How did I let it get like this?


Another angle.

I started out so motivated! I was pushing through hoping I could get it done in two days. What a joke! My motivation started to wane and I was afraid I'd end up with two messy rooms. The extra room and the living room that had inherited a lot of the junk from clearing out the extra room.

After a couple days of not doing much in the room, I realized its purpose. I'd use it as a better place to make my jewelry and also to set up J's recording equipment so that I could start working on recording and see where it takes me.

We got a new bookshelf for all of my books (I surprisingly have a lot!) and two tables for my new adventures.


The view from the door. That's a puzzle J is working on. But that's an entry all for itself.


My table. It has beading stuff on it.


My bookshelf (in bad lighting). This very well could be my favorite part.


Ok I lied. My favorite part is my new filing cabinet. Its so nice to keep everything from school that will be useful. Also, don't you love my sugar cereal food storage? :) I can't resist when things are $1.

Now I have to go back to cleaning every other room well to make up for the fact that all my energy has been spent on this one room. Hopefully it'll all be done before school starts!

3 comments:

Luke's Grandma said...

It looks wonderful!

Denisse said...

Wow! Sarah!!! You did such an AWESOME job!!!! It looks AMAZING!!!!:)

Lisa-Marie said...

Sarah,

I came over from Celia's blog. I had to pop in and say, "Hi" since we live in Rexburg too. I think your haircut is adorable. (Though, I thought it was cute red too. But,I'm a little partial to red heads!)

I think it's great you put these pictures on your blog. We live in an OLD home with an attic that is FULL of stuff. I feel like it is my secret life and would never share pics. So, I'm impressed! We did just work on cleaning it up this weekend as well, and it feels so good!!!