Friday, August 15, 2008

A word to the wise....

Do not go on vacation with a dirty house. Seems simple right?

We had been doing a pretty good job keeping our house clean, but in the midst of packing for our trip, things got a little out of hand. Stuff got scattered. That can be expected with packing, but I didn't have time to pick it up before we left.

So we left California at 10:45 California time and started for our LONG trip home. We didn't get in until 1:30. The drive itself wasn't bad, it just took forever.

We walked in and immediately smelled....the stench. We had forgotten that this apartment smells funny. Now, before you start thinking that we're nasty dirty people or that we have bad smelling dogs....oh wait, I guess we do have stinky dogs...anyway! This smell has been here since we moved in. We have no idea where it came from. But it just smells....weird.

With the combination of the smell and the fact that the place was slightly cluttered I was ready to hop back in my car and go back to California. My mom wouldn't mind housing us for another month or two would she? She'd pretend she'd like it, but inside she'd be wishing we didn't make HER place a mess like ours was.

Anyway, since we've been home I've been a cleaning machine. Not to say that our house was a disaster before, it just needed picking up.

Every room is almost spotless. Then there's that pesky third bedroom. One bedroom is ours, one serves as an office, and then we have a third that doesn't really have a purpose. We could make it a bedroom for the dogs, but....they wouldn't sleep in there anyway. Chloe won't sleep unless she's touching some human skin. Right this minute she's right next to me. She could sleep all day.

It could be a craft room. I could put all my jewelry stuff in there so I could leave it "out" and not have to put it away every time I'm done using it.

But instead...its the junk room. There's stuff in there from the move that I didn't even know existed. That should tell me something. I should just take everything in that room and throw it out. Its obvious we don't need it. One of these days I should post a picture of it. Its pathetic.

Well, I'm sure there's more cleaning I should be doing. I'll update about the trip with pictures later. I just have to figure out how to get my pictures from my Linux drive into my Windows drive since the internet is incredibly unreliable in Linux right now.

I hope everyone is having a great summer!

1 comment:

Luke's Grandma said...

We loved having you! Too bad Idaho is so far away. Can't wait to see you again.